WCGA is taking a proactive approach to improving pollinator habitat. The Wisconsin Corn Growers “Pollinator Guide” includes simple steps corn growers can take to enhancing or improving pollinator habitat on your farm. Pollinators are important to Wisconsin agriculture for the production of fruits and vegetables.
The guide offers tips on :
- Improving habitat in non-production areas.
- Making small changes in farm practices.
- Creating new habitat with a diversity of plants.
- Using sound pesticide-management practices.
- Accessing resources to protect and improve habitat.