2016 Corn Yield Contest
The Wisconsin Corn Growers Association (WCGA) recognizes top-yielding corn production in the state through its Corn Yield Contest.
First, second and third-place cash prizes will be awarded for WCGA member/growers in the following organizations: Columbia County Corn Growers; Juneau/Adams/Marquette Corn Growers; and the Dodge/Fond du Lac Corn Growers group. Wisconsin corn growers in all other parts of the state will compete against each other in a fourth statewide category. First-place winners in each of four categories receive $500, second place is $250 and third place, $100.
Entry in the state corn yield contest is free, but farmers must be members of WCGA, and only one entry per member will be accepted.
At harvest, corn yields must be verified for the contest by either a county agent or a professional agricultural consultant and can be confirmed by using a weigh wagon or truck scale. A harvest form must be submitted to be considered for a prize and will be sent to everyone requesting an entry form. A harvest report form must be received by Dec. 1, 2016.
Click here for Harvest Report Form (pdf)
Click here for Harvest Report Form (Excel)
2016 Corn Yield Contest Rules
The Yield Contest is open to any corn grower subject to the following rules:
- The Harvest Report Form must be received via email or postmarked by Dec. 1, 2016.
- There are 4 separate contests
- Columbia County Corn Growers
- Dodge-Fond du Lac Counties Corn Growers
- Juneau-Adams-Marquette Counties Corn Growers
- Statewide contest for remaining counties.
- The field must be at least 10 acres in size.
- There is no cost to enter, but the entrant must be a Wisconsin Corn Grower Association member in good standing.
- Only one entry per membership, but there could be more than one entry per farm if additional memberships are purchased.
- There must be at least 1.25 acres harvested and the harvesting, weighing and moisture testing must be witnessed by either a County Agriculture Agent or Certified Crop Consultant.
- Both the person entering the contest and the witness must sign the harvest report form.
- Either a truck scale or a weigh wagon may be used for weighing the harvest.
- The prizes will be awarded by the Wisconsin Corn Growers Association for all four contests. The awards will be $500 for 1st place yield, $250 for 2nd place and $100 for 3rd place.
- All decisions by the judges shall be final.
- Prizes will be presented during County Corn Grower Associations events or by mail. The winners may also be recognized at the annual meeting during Corn/Soy EXPO.
- Completed forms may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 262-3732-3289 or mailed to Wisconsin Corn Growers Association, W226N5956 Lynwood Drive, Lisbon, WI 53089.